UPDATED 4:30 PM PT – Thursday, April 15, 2021
Authorities in California arrested and charged a 19-year-old suspect in connection with a double-murder case. On Wednesday, authorities in Rancho Cucamonga arrested Jacob Alan Wright after a five-week investigation in connection with a triple stabbing.
Wright was charged with killing a 44-year-old woman and her daughter, as well as injuring a 38-year-old woman. According to investigators, the suspect somehow entered the victim’s home, which was caught on a ring doorbell. He then attacked all three victims in a bedroom.
Officials added, the incident was believed to be a random attack.
“There is no known connection or relationship between Jacob Right and the victims,” Cindy Bachman, San Bernardino County Public Information Officer, said. “And so far, in the investigation, they have not been able to establish any sort of motive.”
MURDER CHARGES FILED: Our office has filed charges against Jacob Alan Wright (Age 19 of Rancho Cucamonga) for murder and other crimes. #RanchoCucamonga
View press conference video here: https://t.co/JsAtAsHpqd
— San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office (@sbcountyda) April 15, 2021
Investigators said Wright is being held without bail.